While AFRA Removalists take the utmost care with your possessions, accidents can still happen. Not all damages and breakages are the liability of the removalist.

Insurance is always a wise option when moving house.  As part of membership qualification, AFRA members must have public liability insurance, third party property insurance, motor vehicle insurance and carrier's legal liability insurance.

Your removal company should also be able to arrange moving insurance that is designed specifically to cover household goods being moved from one house to another, including during any periods of storage.

You must ensure your removalist is properly qualified to offer you insurance.  It is illegal for any non-qualified person to give you financial advice or sell you a financial product. AFRA members are eligible to seek Financial Services Reform Act (FSRA) training, qualifying them to provide you with transit insurance. Ask your removalist if they are qualified to provide insurance. 

Your qualified removalist will be able to offer you a Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and a Financial Services Guide (FSG) and answer any questions you have concerning the insurance of your goods whilst in transit, that means between houses.

If a removalist is unable to do this, they may not be qualified to sell you insurance.

If in doubt about your insurance options, contact us.